I have been asked to share some details on how I do the boards so her it goes.
1. Buy your board and as many different papers as you want to match. Also one bottle Mod Podge, and a sponge paint brush. For the small board I used six different papers and I think I used nine for the large. Also get a coordinating paint color for the edges.
2. Paint the edges of the board and let dry completely.
3. Cut your strips of paper so they do not wrap over the edges of the board. They lift really easy if they hang over. Leave corners connected. I have also seen them in a patchwork design, where they just use squares.
4. Apply a thin layer of Mod Podge where you are going to put the the paper. Don't do the whole board, it dries real fast.
5. Lay your paper down and smooth gently, the paper seems to stretch so be gentle, and continue onto the next pattern. Continue until the whole board is finished.
6. After all the paper is on and kinda dry, apply another layer of Mod Podge over the top, and sides. Let dry and apply another layer if desired.
There you go it is fairly simple. Just make sure your paper is where you want it when you put it down, because it will stick instantly, and cannot come off. I hope these are good directions. Let me know if you have questions.
5 comments:
Yea!!! Thank you!
thanks. i want to try and make one myself. :)
We should just get together to do a craft... call me if you are not too good, or maybe come pick me up to go walking :)
Hey check out my blog! TAG you're it!
Kacey,
do you use a wood board, a thick foam board or none of the above? :) Thank you!!
Post a Comment