Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Private....


As most of you know I had a little incident a week or so ago, and it kinda freaked me out. There was much more to it that I will not go into, but basically it went way to far, so............

I am thinking of going private. I really don't want to but the whole thing got me thinking. Who can find me and who has already tried, I sure don't want to find out.

Can you give me your thoughts so i can see if that is the best idea for me? Thanks Ladies (and two gentlemen).

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know, I am kinda feeling the same way, but with mixed feelings. I can't give you an answer one way or the other, but if you go private I will too, since I always follow your lead!!!

Heather!!! said...

It really made me think about it too. I will be sad to miss out on some friends, but I don't want any crazyness too! I think our safety should come first. So I think I will.

Ann said...

I'm not big on going private, just because I have had so many old friends find me (and I have found so many old friends) through our blogs. I actually like the idea that people I don't know may read and comment on my blog. I may be a little careless with the information i divulge on my blog, but I guess I'm willing to take my chances. I've never been the private type--although I realize that isn't necessarily a good thing. Anyway, I guess it just depends on what YOU want. As long as I'm aloud in, I'm cool.

Whitney said...

I'm very much in favor of private blogs. Too many weirdos out there.

Miriam H said...

I have been thinking about it too, but I really have enjoyed getting back in touch with a lot of old friends? Plus don't you have to have everyones emails to invite them? Seems like more of a hassle.

McLeod Clan said...

I love to stalk so who am I to stop the stalkers!

Unknown said...

Well you know what happened to me because of crazy blog stalkers. I actually really really did NOT want to go private. Lots of old friends have found me through my blog and I have found lots of friends through my blog. And being private has been really hard for me. But what happened to me last year made me realize how dangerous a blog really is. So although private sucks, I would say to go for it

Jenny said...

Yeah, I would agree. I have had one bad incident with "Anonomus" comments. Well, if you courage up my e-mail is jennaferdie@yahoo.com. Smart idea, I'm just procratinating the inevitable myself.

Heather!!! said...

Here is an idea that I didn't think of BEFORE I went private. Maybe make a post and leave your email address on it. Then give everyone a week or what however long you choose to email you their emails. Then it would be much easier getting all of them. Just an idea I wish I would have had before. :)

Robyn Lamoreaux said...

Don't go private I just found your blog!!!! I never see you unless it's at Target.....I don't know your story of being freaked out but I hate private blogs.... But then again maybe you are freaked out I found your blog;)

Richins Family said...

I am thinking too about going private. There is a lot of sicko's out there. Let me know what you decide. My toes were a hit!!

Marleen said...

There is a need for private and public blogs. It depends on the reasons why you have a blog. Is it for networking and keeping in touch or just keeping in touch with close friends and family? You can always set your blog to not take anonymous comments and other applications to protect you and your family if you stay public. It is all up to you and the reason why you have a blog. Personally, I like public blogs and rarely will check up on private blogs.

The Praters said...

I always hate when a few people ruin a good thing. I have a very stubborn nature, so when it comes to those "few people" I like to have fun in spite of them. It's ultimately up to you. If you do go private atleast you found me first!

Kara Benson said...

I found your blog a few months ago, and love to read about your darling family and fun adventures. (you always make me laugh) I hope you remember me from stake activities or church dances when we were just babies, Chris should know me. Anyway if you go private I would love an invite!