Monday, August 25, 2008

7th Inning Stretch


I can't believe it has been 7 years. We have gone down some bumpy roads, and some have been smooth sailing. All in all, it has been great and we wouldn't have it any other way.

Here is our 7 in brief:

Year 1:
-We lived in the guest house for the first 9 months.
-Got pregnant with our first, three months after we got married.
-We bought Ford, definitely one decision we have second guessed (a number of times)
-Bought our first house. It was perfect for us, and we loved it.
-We also bought two new cars. Something that we wondered if we made the right choice.
-Mason was born, and we were so excited to be parents.
-We had our first Anniversary, and ate the nasty old cake. Mason was only two weeks old, so we didn't do much.

Year 2:
-Mason was sick a lot. Nothing major, just a ton of funky crap. (We have stuck to that tradition)
-You quit working with Ernie and went full time Real Estate. That was a leap of faith.
-We made lots of new friends in the ward, and really grew to love it.
-We made our first Alabama trip, can we say memories?
-We hung out at my parents A LOT! Thanks!

Year 3:
-We got pregnant again.
-You continued to be successful in Real Estate, while I was busy building my clientele.
-Dad moved in with us, and you enjoyed the benefits of seafood. While I enjoyed the built in babysitter.
Year 4:
-Camden was born. It was my first c-section, and it was rough. You enjoyed watching it though, you are kinda weird like that!
-We had learned our lesson with Mase and were better at a sleeping schedule with Cam.
-We moved to St. George, with a 3 month old, into the basement of the office.
-You got your brokers license, and made Help-U-Sell happen. You are amazing!
-I still worked in Vegas twice a month, and made great money. I don't think you liked it very much, but you humored me. Thanks!
-The ward here left much to be desired. I had no friends, and that sucked.
-I missed all my friends in Vegas and wondered if we made the right decision.

Year 5:
-We bought our first house in St. George, surprisingly, in the same ward.
-We bought two new cars, again! WOW!
-I had surgery two days after Christmas, and it wasn't very fun.
- We took the boys to Disneyland, and they LOVED it.
-Then we got pregnant, AGAIN! ( hoping for a girl)

Year 6:
-I stopped working in Vegas, so I could watch the boys sports.
-Boy #3, early but healthy. Second c-section, different but great.
-Thanksgiving wasn't the best, but having a baby the week before was my fault. Meg and Sarah brought in dinner, mostly so they could see McKay.
-Santa came over to see the boys for Christmas Eve, and man were they surprised.
-We bought another house, again moving with a 3 month old.
-We love the new ward, and actually have people our age. I am trilled! And they boys can even play outside.
-Mase started Kindergarten!
-I swore baby4 was a long ways away!!! (HAHA)
-You started working at Home Depot.

Year 7:
-McKay had his eye surgery. (Another freak thing)
- Home Depot has been rough, but it has actually made us closer.
-You still coached all the sports, even though you were so busy. And I love you for that.
-We are pregnant again! (still hoping for a girl, but I have realized you are probably broken)
-We are real busy
-Mase started 1st grade.
-And Cam is in pre-school.

Year 8:
-WHO KNOWS?!?! Hopefully rich and famous!

Thanks for some wonderful years. And Cheers to lots more! I LOVE YOU!!!

14 comments:

Danielle said...

Happy Anniversary! What a great recap of your years together! I hope you get the baby girl you want :)

Becca said...

Congrats on 7 years. You must have a good memory to remember all that. Where are the pics from you fun weekend?

Amy C. said...

Congrats you guys! I remember when a very young (and pregnant!) Kacey and Chris moved into our ward - time has sure flown by! Here's to at least 50 more!!

Anonymous said...

I love the year by year scenario... It has made me think through the last five years like that. And I do have to say that I have a lot more good times than bad. Congrats on 7! I hope you had a good dinner, (wink wink) or whatever else you did??!

Heather!!! said...

I love the year by year too. You will have to print that out and save it. I am at 11 1/2 years, and I have started forgetting details...That would be fun to have down the road though. Congrats and I really am hoping for a girl for you too! 3 boys and a princess...

Richins Family said...

14 years seems to me like a long time. Makes me real old saying 14. Like FOREVER! I have forgotten things too. Wouldn't change it for anything though. It's been great!

You are going to have a girl don't you know! :)

MCW said...

you didn't say i was broken when we were making those babies. as a matter of fact i remember you commenting on how well i worked.

chris (the 7 year vet)

The White Clan said...

Thanks honey!!!! You kill me!

And that girls is what keeps me smiling!

Kara Benson said...

You guys are so cute together! Heres to many many more!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for that laugh! You two are cute, I hope we can be that romantic and lovey when we grow up! (wink wink)

Unknown said...

That was really fun to read. Happy Anniversary! I hope it's a great one! And I'm pulling for a girl for you! :)

Sarah said...

Chris,

That is just disturbing. This is my baby sister you're talkin' about here.

Happy Anniversary!

Kindermusik with Celeste said...

Happy seven years! Good Luck with #4. If you get a girl after three boys, there's hope for me!

Kindermusik with Celeste said...

P.S. Loves Chris's comment...what a true man!