Friday, June 27, 2008

Eyes Wide Open.....

I have a friend Marleen who has recently lost a niece. The baby drowned and was only 1, and they removed all breathing tubes on Fathers Day. As you out there could probably imagine, this would be heart breaking time in your life. I have gone to their site a number of times so I can read the posts from the mother, and they are some of the most inspiring and Spirit filled things I have ever read. Of course the mother is hurting, but she also has helped me open my eyes to my children and love them no matter what they do. Her testimony is powerful, & her strength is overwhelming.
I am setting a goal to not be so hard on my children. To show them how proud I am of them. And to not go so crazy when they do something I disapprove of. This will be something I have to work on with every part of me. I do love my children, and I think they know it, but I want them to have no doubt in their mind that they can come to me whenever they want, no matter the situation.
"So I guess my message for the day is -- Love your little ones--even the ones that drive you crazy. If you could see them the way God sees them -- you would be astounded at their glory." Stephanie Waite
(if you do chose to go to her site please take lots of tissue, you are gonna need it)

3 comments:

Sarah said...

It's eye-opening to read her words. I should live each day being grateful for the opportunity of holding my children close for that moment. It could be taken away at any time.

We are mortal and so are our children.

We all will have moments when they will challenge us, BUT it is important that we don't hang on to those moments. It is not only important for us to recognize how special these children are, but to convey to them that they are special and that they are all children of our Heavenly Father. When we have done that, we have accomplished something great! It is the greatest lesson we can teach them!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the note about the tissue. Stephanie is inspiring, and yet, I seem to be asking, why her? Camille reminded me of Josie. And I will try each day to enjoy every moment, even the sleepless nights, and whiney moments. Thanks for the inspiration today. I really needed it.

Marleen said...

Thank you for sharing this post. The more good that comes out of this tragic loss helps lessen the aching heart.