Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Happy Birthday Kacey!

disclamers up front. i am really bad at expressing fellings and especially bad at writing them!

I tried to do this on Sept. 24th but I was unable to get onto the backside of this blog. So here i am now. i have stolen the computer. 5 days late but i still wanted to do this.
To all those in the blogosphere i wanted to take a few minute of your time and tell you why my Kacey white is so special. Some people may think they know Kacey better than me. But i would have to disagree. As much time as you all may have spent with her, in these last 7 plus years i have been with her for great times and hard times. Sucesses and failures. I was there on the nights she went to bed with a smile on her face and the nights she layed in bed crying (non of which were my fault. Shame on you family and friends that made her cry). And as i sit and reflect about her there are a few things i know.

1. She has always been more amazing than she realized -When i met her she was a beautiful girl with a little spunk that was unaware of how special she really was. But as i got to know her i realized that she was incredible in her love for others and her knowledge of who she is spiritually. She tells the story of saying that i was her new boyfriend when she first saw me but she probably never would have talked to me if i hadn't worked at it. Persueing her was the most important thing i ever did.

2. She is high maintenance -When we first dated she played the "i have another guy i like game" with me. Luckily i didn't give up on her. We took care of the other guy one night out in front of her house standing in front of my hot rod ford escort. That was the last time i had to worry about him and the night i got the first kiss. Lets just say i said no but she was persistant. If a parent is reading it was the night before our wedding.

3. She makes me want to be better- We enjoyed our engagement. From the moment we started dating i couldn't stand to be away from her. She has always made me feel good when i am around her. The day we got sealed the sealer asked who the person on the other side of the alter was. She said something about me being her prince. i am trying live up to that. She deserves a prince. I have often wished i had called her my princess, she has been even more than that to me.

4. She knows how to love- i have some amazing kids. She loves and cares for them so well. They are such great boys because of her love and devotion to them. She does to much for me. i believe that the reason i never cry is because i don't care enough about everyone and everything around me. That means that when it comes to her (she cries about everything) and that is because she cares about everyone. To all of her friends if you don't know it she thinks of you often. And family should know with out me saying. She is an incredible lover. "if you know what i mean."

5. She will reach excellence- This is the last thing i am going to say because it is a hard one to explain so it will take all my emotional capacity. But it is important. i have always been caught off guard when it come to my wife and her saying no to challenges. She excells at most everything she does. I think it has to do with the fact that she gives her all to what she sets her mind to. If someone was to ask her to do something her first response would be to say no. But if she were to do it the outcome will always amaze you. that applies to cooking, working, speaking at church, a calling at church. Unfortunately a lot of times she says no but the times she says yes i am blown away. Now how does that matter. Well i have chosen kacey as my eternal companion. As long as she is willing to put up with me i will be with her for all eternity. I have great comfort in knowing that. She was once asked if she took me to be her eternal husband. i am happy she has said yes to that challenge. She sayed yes to putting up with me for eternity and i have talked to my Heavenly Father many times to thank him for that. i know i will be with her if i do my part. because i know she is going to do hers. We will together reach excellence i couldn't do it with out her. i am so blessed.

Happy Birthday 5 days ago hunny. However, the real happy one is me to have you in my life. Thank you. i love you.

15 comments:

Miriam H said...

Well chris, i have to say your not as bad as you think. If spence expressed a quarter of what you just did, I would die having lived a full life. That was very sweet!!

Richins Family said...

Wow is all I can say Chris. Make me all teary eyed! You do have one awesome woman. I say dido to Mir's comment!

The White Clan said...

Thanks honey!!! I thought I signed on to the wrong blog because I didn't see the HSM picture. I love you too! And now I must go compose myself so I can finish helping with homework.

Unknown said...

Wow! That was so sincere. I am seriously sitting here at my computer crying. That was so touching. I wish I could find someone who felt that way about me. What a great man you have KAc!

Heather!!! said...

Wow...that is really amazing! It is so obvious the love you two have for each other! I am so happy for the both of you. That is really big of you Chris for expressing yourself like that. Honestly...that is so cool!

Kellie said...

Incredible!!! You are awesome Chris!!

Eliza said...

How sweet was THAT!! Oh and happy late birthday!

Anonymous said...

Kacey, you got a great catch there! Chris did a great job of expressing himself, no matter what he said about it. I too think you're amazing and I am glad to call you my friend. I think he really hit the nail on the head. Happy Late birthday, again! I love you girl...

Anonymous said...

i seriously almost just cried. that was so adorable.

April Leydsman Mason said...

What an awesome husband you have. You are one lucky girl!!!

Anonymous said...

I really want your help with Josie's hair...but with my mom...well I will call you about it later...

Marleen said...

Happy birthday Kacey. Such sweet words from your husband. You are an amazing women.

Sarah said...

Thank you, Chris!

My baby sister is so lucky to have someone like you to remind her of how wonderful she is!

The Praters said...

AWWWWWW! Warm and fuzzy all over! Happy late B-day!

Lisa said...

Way to go to the hubby! Happy birthday Kacey!