Sunday, September 7, 2008

Sunday Lessons....

Nanny McPhee is our movie in the truck right now, and as most know, the mother is dead. Well Cam keeps asking what happened to the kids mom. So we told him she probably died of a sickness. He then asked what it means to be dead. So we explained that it is when your body stays here on earth and your spirit goes to heaven with Heavenly Father, and your body stops working. I thought he was satisfied with this answer, since he didn't ask anymore questions, and just kept watching the movie.
I was wrong....About ten minutes later he said "Where is heaven?" So Chris replied "It is so far up in the sky that no one can see it. It is where Heavenly Father lives." And Cam said "I wish he lived here." And we both told him that we do too. Then to my amazement Mase chimed in and said "But the Holy Ghost is here, we just can't see him." The Holy Ghost is our link to Heavenly Father, he is our connection. He is here on earth, in a different form.
I love that first off my kids are curious about what happens, and that we can teach them the truth. And secondly, that they are smart and can teach each other. And to know that they have actually learned the truth of the gospel, makes me the happiest mother ever. I may not be perfect, but I am doing something right. This was the perfect ending to a very bad day. I struggled with the boys all morning, and I wasn't very happy with them or myself. But at the end of the day I am very proud of them, and their desire to learn, and love the gospel.

9 comments:

Amy C. said...

Isn't that the best part of motherhood? When you actually see that your efforts have been worth something? I'm so glad you had one of those moments today! That make all the rough stuff worth it!

Heather!!! said...

That is awesome! I love it when they get to that age that they start to "get it" and then their testimonies really start to build. Even though they are small, they still can have their own testimonies from the experiences they have and how they apply what they have learned. It really is really neat. :) I am glad your day ended on such a special note. :)

melissabergquist said...

I am blog-stalking you through Miriam's blog.... hope you don't mind.

I teach the sunbeams, and I just love hearing their responses to my lessons.. they really do listen.

Congrats on baby #4... stilling trying on our end...

and ps.. love your fish bowl cake, it looked amazing

happy Sabbath...melissa bergquist

McLeod Clan said...

Their minds are so amazing!! I just love that they are little sponges. They teach me all the time because they make you think it out. I mean we know all of this but when their simple questions come about it makes you realize how lucky we are to have an answer. My sweet baby boys!!

Anonymous said...

Kace, I am glad that your rough day ended on a good note. You have the cutest boys, and I know you are doing a great job, I will keep reminding you of that if you need me too. I hope I am half as good of a mom as you are.

Richins Family said...

I too am glad your day ended up good. Sometimes when we think that our kids aren't paying attention to whatever we are saying, that is when they are listening the most. You are an awesome mom Kas, you are such a good example to your kids. Even if you don't even think it! I think that Sunday's are sometimes the most hardest day of the week. (atleast at my house!)

Lisa said...

It is amazing what they pick up and remember!

Sarah said...

I say it lots, and will say it lots more....

We learn much more from our children than they could ever learn from us. Motherhood is a blessing in more than just one way.

Our Heavenly Father blesses us by sending us angels straight from his presence. I am reminded almost daily. (Thank goodness!)

Give your little angels kisses from Aunt Sarah! I love them!

Unknown said...

Wow Kac! Aren't the minds of children just amazing!