Monday, July 14, 2008

Letting it all out

There are days, as most would agree, that you just love being a wife & mother. On those days your children are cute, they play nice together, your house stays clean, your husband takes you to dinner so you don't have to cook, and you just can't wait to be with your kids the next day.
Then there are days like today where.... the neighbor kids don't want to play nice with your son, your kids fight like crazy, they bite and break skin, throw their food, yell at you, tell you NO, don't listen to a word you say, your laundry is overflowing, there are toys all over your entire house, your dishes are still in the sink, your visiting teachers come over in the middle of your breakdown, and your husband is leaving for a week to scout camp. You just want to run away and change your name, no return address, and no way for anyone to reach you.
If you couldn't tell that was my day. I am leaving sometime tomorrow to go stay at my Mom's house while Chris is gone, so I can let the kids run wild on 5 acres. I don't think that I could do it on my own. I am soooo stressed and just need a break. I am hoping my Mom and Dad can help me with that. I guess we will see on Sat.
Thanks for reading! Sorry I will be more upbeat next time!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry about your day. Hope things get better with your parents helping you out. I'll have to tell you about my day later. I just got home from taking my mom to the ER. That was an adventure.

Richins Family said...

I really hope that my visit helped you. Sorry that I was so tired. I'm glad you get to get away and spend time with your parents. Maybe your kids are acting up because they know that they get to go to grandma's house and are really excited. Thanks for the cute toes. I really do love them.
(and you too!)

Miriam H said...

Hey Kace, If we didn't have days like that we wouldn't appreciate the good ones...there... hows that for positive thinking Amy? Have fun at your mom's! We'll miss you!

Ann said...

Oh, man. I feel your pain. I'm so glad you'll be able to be at your mom's while Chris is gone. What a life saver!

Anonymous said...

I love the positive vibe... thanks Mir! Who needs The Secret when we have Miriam... Have fun at your mom's Kacey. I will get with you about the vacation when I get back.

Tani said...

I feel you girl. Shorty left this morning for scout camp. Won't be back for 8 days. Yep, 8 days, 4 kids, this has got the makings of a very memorable week.

Richins Family said...

Are you back yet??????????????
:)