Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th Fun!

We decided to forgo fireworks this year and get away to where cell phones don't work. We left Friday morning and drove up to Enterprise reservoir, to camp out, and just do nothing. There are not a lot of trees there so we found this spot where the table is set back in a cave, so we had some shade.
We had lots of fun playing baseball, throwing Frisbee, and building a cave of wood for the chipmunk who ate our bread. The boys also helped daddy make a throwing knife, they sat on the steel as he cut it with the hack saw. Needless to say, that took a while.
While I set up our bed inside the tent the boys all went on a little hike. It was a lot shorter than expected, it only took about 8 minutes up and about 5 back. But they were so proud of themselves. And the dog loved it!
And on a more serious note, our testimonies of the blessings we receive was definitely strengthened. Cam and Mase were climbing this cliff while we were cooking our dinner, and Cam fell off. In the picture on his left was the fire pit. Chris was kneeling right there and I was standing next to him, he was getting ready to move the grate off of the fire and reached out his arms and Cam fell right into them. It is about 10-12 feet up, and if we would not have been there he would have hit his face on a concrete block, and right onto the fire. He didn't scream or anything, we didn't know he was falling. We are so grateful for the Holy Ghost and his promptings.
These are the only ouchies Cam got. Amazing huh?


Daddy you can't sleep at camping!!! WAKE UP!!!
We love to make delicious hot "shmoes"!
All in all we had a pretty good time. I am not a giant fan of camping, but my family is. I love to see how happy they are, and how much fun they have. I am making a goal, right here that I will not hesitate to go when Chris wants to. I will do my planning and just pack up. It was a fun time, and we are already planning the next trip. Lets just pray that we all walk away without any harm. I am not going to count on that, since I do have very accident prone children, I am just going to hope for walk away.

4 comments:

McLeod Clan said...

I don't know what I would do if something happened to my Cam. Close call and I too am grateful you and Chris are listening and being faithful to the man up stairs so nothing happens to my kids. Uncle Dean and I are so jealous, we can't wait to go camp. Unlike you Kac, I LOVE it!

Miriam H said...

So I guess you were wrong since it is obvious that I like you the most. Does that count the amount of comments or what? Looks like you had fun camping!

Marleen said...

I'm glad the "ouchies" were minimal. In all though, it looks like so fun.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I am glad that you came away without an ER visit. How fun! I love camping, but I hate sleeping in a tent. I would rather sleep out under the stars. I am glad that you enjoyed your weekend. I will have to tell you about mine later. Maybe check my blog later...