Monday, March 31, 2008

March Wrapup!

Okay so March is coming to an end and this is what I was thinking.

- Weddings are great, especially when they are over. Two weddings in one month, is just way too much. But in the long run I have gained a new brother-in-law, and a new sister-in law.

- I appreciate my husband so very much. He works so hard for us and he has sacrificed for me and the kids. I have realized what he contributed to the house, unfortunately now that he is not home as much. (I wish that I could have realized all he did when he was home so much more)

-I love my kids, and I think absence makes the heart grow fonder, is a true statement. I have all day with my kids almost all by myself, and it is truly hard. I do love them, and love to see the cute things they do, and say. But I wish I could also be away from them for just a little while.

- The church is great. We are in a marriage and family relations class and I love it. Chris and I were reading our lesson yesterday and it really hit home. It basically told me that if I am unhappy that is my own fault. I told Chris that I hated reading it, because it was like I was being kicked in the butt. I know that life isn't always going to be easy, but it is our job to make the best of it. It said...... Kids don't get depressed about something because they don't know any different. They just move on. I thought that was great. As rough as I have it there are many more people out there who have it way worse than I do, so be grateful, RIGHT?

- And last of all, I love to read the scriptures, even if I don't read that much, I do read and I try to take away as much from it as I can.


So that is what I was thinking of this month, not much. But to me it was quite a lot. Kinda deep, and probably deeper than I will ever go again in a post. Thanks for listening.

3 comments:

Ben said...

You are so deep! No seriously, I enjoyed your comments. And that super happy optimism thing takes tons of practice, I've noticed. I'm not too good at it either but always trying!

Ben said...

That (above) was from Kori, not Ben. Oops!

Miriam H said...

Hey, we are really benefiting from the family relations class as well. We've especially been impressed with Chris's upside down reading skills.