Monday, October 20, 2008

It's about time.....

We have had some serious adventures this weekend. It seems like all my weekends are filled with, just plain fun! As you can see from below, we had our fair share of doctors and pharmacy visits. McKay is now on an inhaler, which is "Oh so much fun!" And Mase has been getting these funky cold sores under his eye, and so we finally addressed it. So we are so filled with medicine right now it is sad.

Then Saturday morning, we made a little trip to the ER. The baby fell on one of our plastic garbage cans in our bathrooms, and sliced his ear open. If it is a freak accident, it will happen to us. We are just that lucky!
He got 3 stitches and it was quite the traumatizing thing for my poor little baby. They had him all strapped down, kinda like a mental patient. It was very sad. But I was strong and held back the tears. He was happy to get his Icee and Skittles when he was done. The big boys didn't understand why he got treats, and they didn't. Now you tell me why!!!!
This is the ear 2 days later. It is really bruised, and I think the stitches itch him. He has been such a trooper though. He only cried while being pinned down, and getting shot in the ear.
Now, on a lighter note. Chris helped me get the kids ready on Sunday, and I wondered why the baby's shoes were on so quickly. When we removed them Sunday night at mom and dad's this is what we found. Isn't that great!
Not only bad things happened this weekend, we had great fun with Sarah and her fam. Mom had a little Halloween party for all the grand kids. We carved pumpkins and had some messy fun. We also had some time away from the kids and had an adult only dinner, it was very nice to get away. Mom also cooked a ton, as usual, and I probably ate my weight in food. But no regrets, it was fantastic.
So I hope you all had a great weekend, and I also hope it wasn't as eventful as mine.



10 comments:

Lisa said...

Poor little guy! Hope he gets better soon.

Sarah said...

Welcome to life with boys! Isn't it fun?!

So far we've had...

-A pulled groin muscle when Adam was 18 mos.
-5 sets of stitches
-a 3rd degree burn (and many trips to the burn unit)
-and plenty of other cuts and bruises that didn't require medical attention!

We're just waiting for them to get older and start with the broken bones. AAAH. The joys.

If you have boys, find out where the closest Insta Cares and ERs are AND make sure you have an excellent pediatrician!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! no wonder you have been non-existent!!! I am sorry that poor Muk muk was in so much pain. I had my share of stitches as a kid. I had far more than any of my brothers. so don't worry it's not always the boys...

McLeod Clan said...

Hey you forgot that you spent the weekend with me too! What are we, chopped liver!

Heather!!! said...

What ia crazy weekend! I was thinking today...isn't the countdown down to 1 week? :)

The White Clan said...

Heather
A week and a day! I can't wait!

The Ruesch Fam said...

Meg's right. We were there too. Not as much as we had hoped, but the rest of the time we were there in spirit.:)

I am so sorry about all of the calamaties with your boys. I hoope they get better soon. Maybe you can have a boring week next week to make up for all the crazy ones.

Miriam H said...

OUCH!! poor Mckay! I can't believe he had to have stitches.

Ashley Baird said...

I honestly do feel some sense of gratification (probably not quite the right word), when I read your blog. It's just good to know that there are others out there who travel down the same road as I do and want to pull their hair about every other day. It makes me feel a little more normal. I am glad that McKay is doing okay. Boys just wouldn't be boys without a few scars on their faces.

Unknown said...

Sounds like lots of adventures around your place! Poor little guy. Hope his ear is okay.