To someone else this may look like a chore, and I must admit I thought it would be too, until I started helping Chris. You see I have memories of sitting on mom and dads bed, or on the living room floor helping dad roll coins. When Chris sat down on the living room floor, I thought nothing of it, and then he started stacking pennies in piles of ten, quarters in piles of four, and so on and so forth, just about then I started to cry. These were the things growing up I never thought anything about, but now even the silly little things, like rolling coins have so much meaning and sentiment. These are the crazy little things that make me think of my daddy.
I am glad I have those things, I am glad that at random times and random places I have those little memories with a great man. I look forward to many more of these moments to come, so as I get older I can share those little pieces of him with my kids.
I love you Harley Ray Adams!
No comments:
Post a Comment