Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Worst Day of My Life

I received a call last night from my sister saying we need family prayers because my dad was missing and had been for about 4 and a half hours. Well Chris and I high tailed it up to moms and joined in the search. A couple of hours later he was found, pinned under his four wheeler, and was gone. I can't believe it. He was our families rock, he was the glue that held all of our chaos together. I am still in shock, waiting to wake up. I have to tell my kids soon, and i am dreading this. Will they understand? They idolize him. They need him, we weren't ready for him to go.
Dad, I need you to know that you are the most wonderful man. You have made us all so proud, we couldn't be more blessed for having you in our lives. I love you so much and there isn't a day that won't go by that I won't think of you. Get ready for the day that all of us come be with you. I will strive everyday to be the best I can, so I can be with you again. Goodbye Daddy! I love you!

10 comments:

Danielle said...

I'm so sorry...that is devastating. May God grant you and your family peace and comfort in this very hard time.

April Leydsman Mason said...

I'm sorry girl. We just went through a similar thing with Christians dad. Not sure that anything anyone says will make it better. Just take it one day at a time. I love you and if you ever need to chat please let me know.

Sydney Bale said...

Can't believe it. I am so sorry!

Kindermusik with Celeste said...

my heart aches for you...i am so very sorry!

Celeste said...

Kacey -- I am just heartbroken for you and your family! I will be praying for you all. Love you!

Cluff Family said...

Kacey,
Jenn Sharp told me today when I went to Jeff's office today. I am so so sorry. I could not even imagine what you are going through. Sounds like he was a wonderful man. If there is anything I can do let me know. Love ya and Hang in there!
Monica

Martin Family said...

Kacey,

What a tragedy! I am so sorry to hear about the news of your father. We will be thinking of you and your family.

Sarah Martin

Alisa and Sky said...

I'm so sorry Kac!! You and your family are in our prayers!!

Anonymous said...

I love you! My heart and prayers go out to your family. You are a rock...and it's a gift, remember!

Kara Benson said...

I am crying right now for you.... There has been so many reminders lately for me to slow down and enjoy each day to its fullest. You are an amazing person with an amazing family. Heavenly Father will bless you through this loss, turn to him and feel his comfort. I love you guys. Hold on, this life is short, You will be with him again soon!