Monday, August 3, 2009

Gone Camping!!!!

We thought it was necessary to get away from "life" for a few days and so we headed up to Pine Valley for a mini vacation. We got up there later than we wanted but we found a spot that I loved and we really enjoyed ourselves. This is where Chris' parents came almost every weekend for a cheap getaway, so Chris just loves it. I myself am not such a wonderful camper, I am kind of a princess and I love showers and make-up, and a kitchen with hot running water. But over the years we have acquired a lot of things that I need to make it enjoyable and so I can do it.
Chris and the boys went down to the lake everyday fishing and I stayed back in camp with the baby, just relaxing and enjoying the peace and quiet that I do not receive on a daily basis. It was quite nice. Chris brought the harmonica and I don't enjoy that as much as he and the kids do, but I tolerated it for about a day and a half, then I couldn't take it anymore. I have a low tolerance for noise. Sorry boys! Mason played it with his nose, so I would highly advise not using it.
Chris widdled away on some wood, trying to make a whistle, it didn't work so much. But he enjoyed himself.
We gave the boys a bath in the stream, and it was REALLY cold! They didn't like it so much, but it was much needed.
Chris also walked them through the big culvert under the bridge, and they didn't like that much either, kind of wimpy I guess. No, I wouldn't do it either. You should have seen their feet, they were bright red, very, very cold! The two middle ones wouldn't even do it they just cried, so Chris had to carry them. And Mason walked on the edge staying out of the water.
We also realized a few things while out there. Here they are.
1. My boys STINK!!!! I am totally in for it. Chris now feels bad for what him and his brothers did to his parents.
2. Chris realized his dad didn't get much fishing done because you are constantly getting the kids poles ready for them. But he still loved it. It is great bonding time with the kids.
3. I am going to have my hands full, if I don't already. They don't stop. But being outdoors makes that fact MUCH easier.
4. I need a pop up trailer.
5. I need to make sure I have enough propane so we don't run out. Yeah we came home a day early because I didn't have any to cook the next day, and I DO NOT cook over the fire.
6. I am so happy for the bouncy chair. It was a life saver.
All in all we had a ton of fun. And it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be with an infant. Hopefully I can do more with them next time since I won't have to hold a baby everywhere I go. Love you boys! I hope you had fun!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Beth Olsen said...

When I was little, I loved camping! We did it a lot since it was a "cheap" vacation. But, MAN, taking kids camping is such hard work! I feel for my parents now. But it is a great bonding experience. Way to brave it! And you have the handsomest boys around...THAT'S FOR SURE!

Reed and Chelle Eckman said...

I am with you all the way... I am not a camper! I did it alot with my family when I was younger, but that was before I was aware of personal hygiene! I'm glad that you guys had so much fun.

Richins Family said...

Looks like fun. We went up there over the 4th and that water was freezing. My brother dared Aspen to swim in it for a Littlest Pet Shop and she did! Crazy girl! What fun memories you made as a fam!

Erin said...

Looks like you had fun! #2 is funny, the same thing happens to us when my boys and Jeff fish! Ok...well when my boys fish! haha

Emily said...

I so agree with number 4! I told Jeff that if we were going to do a lot of camping that we WILL be getting a pop-up trailer! It's the only way to go especially with the kids!

Anonymous said...

You survived one of many camping trips with all those boys. Good for you. They look thoroughly ecstatic. And that makes it totally worth it right?

Rae said...

I love to go camping, not really my mom either. We just got back from our family reunion (went camping :) )
The boys are so cute!!!