I am just like my mother in many ways, and one that I am reminded of often is that I dream of thing that I need to do. The other night I had a dream that I needed to journal something for my boys to know. I laid in bed thinking that I shouldn't but every time I closed my eyes I would picture it again.
So for journal purposes (one day I will slurp this and make a book) I am going to tell my boys why they all have the same initials.
Boys......I know it may be a weird thing to you all that you all have names that start with "M". Mom and Dad did have a reason for this crazy thing. As you know your Papa's name is Mark Christopher White Sr., and your Dad is Mark Christopher White Jr. Well when we found out that our first baby was a boy we debated having him be a third. Well we choose not to so it wasn't confusing to everyone. Dad and Papa always have the problem of whose mail is whose and who is calling for who, and so forth. But in the same respect we wanted to use those two names. But we couldn't name you Chris, because we would have the same problems since Daddy and Papa both go by Chris. Anyway we decided to use one for each of our boys, not knowing we would have four of you crazy things.
That is where we got.....
Mason Christopher
& Mark Camden. (you love to be called Mark)
Then we had a choice to make when we found out boy number three was coming. Do we continue on with the tradition or do we just stop. I was tempted to stop since there wasn't many "M" names left that we agreed on, but we didn't.
McKay-we just really liked the name. And Cannon is a family name. We named you after George Q. Cannon who was an apostle of the church back in the days of Brigham Young.
Morgan- is also a family name. We named you after an uncle of Mommy's and also an ancestor of mine with the last name of Morgan. And Callister is a family name too. We really liked both of those names and thought they would be very strong names and something you could be proud of.
I love you all and I hope you wear your names with pride. They are all special, as you are. You may choose to carry them on in your children if you would like, but please don't feel that you have to. I will love them no matter what, please just remember to pick them wisely, because they will be stuck with them for the rest of their lives.
I love you very much!
Mommy
Then
3 comments:
Wow...I'm so glad you did this! Not only was it entertaining to read but I think it's so special and something your boys and their wives will always cherish..yes..you should do a book:D The first thing that caught my eye about your blog is that you guys are the White family. My husband's sister also married into a White family. They are Tim and Veronica White! It's not a common last name at least I think so I thought it was neat. We don't have our children yet but already have 6 (first and middle) names ready to go...these names were given to us by the Lord and are all very special:D I really enjoyed this post!!!
Hugs, Susan
This was a great idea, and you will cherish this memory. It's sweet that they know their names mean so much to you two. Way to go White Clan!
That is really a cool thing. Besides being brothers they also have their names in common. I like that a lot.
Post a Comment