Wednesday, April 18, 2012

January 2012

I have a whole lot of catching up to do and that is very overwhelming so I am going to do a month, or four, in review. Here goes nothing......
Nothing has seemed to settle down since Christmas, we have continued to go go go non stop.
I found these hats I had bought for the boys for Christmas, but had hidden them so well I even forgot about them. "Grandpas boys" are so handsome in their Dodger gear, Grandpa would be proud!
We had a football themed Pack Meeting and you were supposed to be dressed as football fans. And needless to say it wouldn't be true White family fashion to not be a tad controversial. That's how we roll!

My wonderful friend Ashley Baird discovered she has breast cancer. My heart is broken for her. She is such an amazing woman, her attitude and faith is phenomenal! I know she has her moments, but for the most part, she is very positive, loving and funny as all get out.
When we found out about Ashley's cancer I knew I wanted to do something, but didn't have much I could do. BUT since Christmas and all my sewing adventures I have grown to LOVE quilting. Odd ??? YES! I arranged for about 9 of us to gather fabric together and I made this quilt for her. I wanted her to know that we love and support her all the way through this long journey.
Chris and I have also tried to teach the boys all about supporting others in their trials. They are such wonderful kids. They remember Ashley, and so many others in their prayers every night. I really have been blessed with such amazing kiddos.

Oh Camden! My Camden! You are quite wonderful, and especially toothless!

Build a bear with the WHOLE White clan! Thanks Nana and Papa!
Also in January:
-Played LOTS of basketball.
-Chris played church ball....Some of the funniest moments in January. Not with Chris, because he is AWESOME, but some of the others made it very entertaining!
And probably a whole lot more, but that was way too long ago, so I forget!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

how fun to see all your boys in a picture together! Handsome lookin bunch!!

PS. you are so very sweet + thoughtful! I'm sure Ashley just loved the quilt! :)