Tuesday, August 17, 2010

First Day of School

Amongst all of the chaos life brings, life still goes on.
The boys started back to school on August 11th and they were both very ready and excited to get back to their friends. Luckily we had gotten all of our school shopping done weeks in advance so I didn't have that to worry about. Mason is such a picky dresser now days I had to take him with me to pick out his own clothes, so I didn't have to hear him complain about dorky clothes all year. And I think we make a pretty good team because he sure looks handsome in all his clothes. His teacher, for third grade, is Mrs. Winger this year and she seems to be great. She is Uncle Joe's sister and so it is nice to know we are in good hands.
Camden is in the first grade and was very excited to get to eat in the cafeteria. His class is out in the portables and he says it gets pretty hot out there. But he is really loving it. His teachers name is Mrs. Brackett, she is new at the school, but she seems to be very nice and very fun. She gave the kids each a play-doh, and lets them build stuff while she reads to them at the end of the day. Yeah my Cam is in hog heaven!
I love my kids so much and I am a firm believer that it is quality time not quantity time. My house is much quieter all day long, until 3:45 p.m. that is, and I am a much calmer mother. I am happy for them to be back on a schedule, but I could do without homework, but I guess beggars can't be choosers, right?

1 comment:

Erin Terry said...

Cute pictures! They are getting so big! I can't believe Mason is in the 3rd grade already!