Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Dodger Game

Growing up I only knew of one pro baseball team, and that was the Dodgers, it is my dads one and only team and so it is still to this day. Well when we went to the local Road Runners game in May we thought, "If the boys are having so much fun here, imagine how they would be at a major league game." So the planning began. We got tickets for the game on the Thursday we got to California, and the boys were in awe when we drove into the huge stadium parking lot. There were so many people there and I think it might have been a little intimidating for them. I tried hard to have us all wear Dodger blue (it didn't work out so well), but since they were playing the Braves Mason had to wear his Braves shirt. He had made up his mind as to who he was cheering for, and it made no difference who Mommy or Grandpa told him who was the best.
I sent my dad a text telling him the Dodgers missed him and that they said Hello, and his response was, "Don't be bad luck, they have won four in a row." Well apparently we were. Sorry daddy! The minute we left the park they started scoring , but we were just a little too late. OOPS!
Well we had fun, we ate some Dodger dogs, gobbled down some cotton candy, and got some free action figures. It was great, I am so glad I could introduce my kids to the Major league they way I was.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lots of fun! I remember having that experience as a kid. I bet your boys loved that!

Ashley said...

I love this picture! You look so outnumbered/amazing. :) What a cute family! What handsome boys! (and a pretty mamma!)