We went to Salt Lake this past weekend for Preston's baptism. We had such a great time seeing all of the cousins and just chillin' with the fam. And since it was our spring break we decided to take advantage of the break, and so Chris took two days off. We got a hotel room and just relaxed. My little fishes loved the pool, and us old grumpys had to make them get out. Yeah we are so mean, just ask them! We really wanted to go to church on Sunday but didn't quite make it to Sarah's ward, so we decided to go down to temple square and do the tourist thing. We did a "abbreviated" tour of the Conference center, and I think the boys enjoyed it for the most part. I realized though that they didn't want to be doing so many churchy things when they said "Please can we not go to anymore church places!" So needless to say we stopped.
On Monday we had plans to go to the zoo but it was BUTT cold out. SO we thought we would check out the Discovery Museum at the Gateway. The boys had a blast. We were there for over three hours and we had to force them to leave. It was a great time, all the boys loved it, even Morgan, he thought he owned the place. It is a must go place, it got all the wiggles out for the drive home for sure.
We haven't had many chances for a vacation lately, but this was just what we needed. I really enjoyed spending some sister time with Sarah, since we don't get to see her as often as I would like. And I also love being "Favorite Aunt Kacey" to her kids. And most of all I love the quality time with Chris and the boys. It may make me crazy at times but I do love every minute of it. Thanks for the trip Chris, your the best!
No comments:
Post a Comment