McKay has become such my little buddy. Today just out of nowhere he said "Mom, I want to hug you." It made me so happy. Up until now he has been a Daddy's boy and I need him to want me. He has such a funny personality. He talks in some sort of gibberish all the time. He just kills me. And look at those wonderful brown eyes, don't they just melt your heart?
Mason, AKA "The Ladies Man" rocked the house at the school Valentines party. He is so cute, and will not admit that he likes to chase girls. We recently went to the school to eat lunch with him and he hurried and ate his lunch and then he and his friend took off out to recess. I discovered that friends and recess are much more fun than eating lunch with your parents and little brothers. But I still love him even though he dogged me. He is doing so wonderful in school and I am so proud of him. He is an amazing reader and is even asked by the teacher to help others with math. That makes me happier than you will ever know, I am always worried about my kids failing in school. And as of now he has yet to disappoint me.
And Morgan will one day hate me for this picture, but aint he cute? He has been sick lately with a cold and just the other day he would not stop crying so I took him into the shower with me, which he normally loves, and he continued to cry. And not to long after we got in he was all frogged out and totally asleep. He now has his 1st ear infection, but is doing great. He is starting to walk, well I guess I should say he can walk but most days he is just too lazy and crawling is faster. He will be 1 in seventeen days and I cannot believe that it has gone by so fast. Oh well I guess I will just cherish the times that are to come.Last but not least, Camden. He has lost his first tooth, and is so excited. The tooth fairy was good to him and brought him two dollars. Then he got to keep his tooth and he sold it to Grandpa for his tooth necklace. He is also doing wonderful in school. He is in the top third of his class, and he does much better for Mrs. Barrett than he does for me at home. I think he and I are so similar that we just butt heads so much! But I wouldn't change too much of him, he is such a great boy. He is so loving and cares so much about everyone. He has so many friends in the neighborhood, some days I feel like all I do is tell the kids he either can't play or that he is already playing somewhere else. But that makes me happy, I am glad he is liked because he deserves it.
And as for me I am here. Some days hanging on by a thread, but I am still hanging. I am trying my hardest to be the best mom I can be. And I must say that some days I fail, but fortunately they still love me. I am trying to be better at not flying off the handle, and talking through it with them, and sometimes that works and sometimes you just have to get mad. My house isn't always clean (especially because my vacuum handle broke and it is hard to use), the laundry is piled up, and the bathrooms need serious help. But I am helping at the school in each class once a week, I am sitting outside while they play, and sometimes I just play Mario Bros with them, and that means the world to my kids. And that is what matters to me in my life.


5 comments:
Glad you and your boys are all doing alright. And yep. Some days all we can do is just hang on for dear life.
Your boys are all going to be heart breakers for sure.
Oh, and Kacey--I'm lovin' listening to Fugees again....It's been way too long... Right now I'm back in Melba driving home from Cimarron with you guys again...Good times.
You're a great mom Kacey. We sure do miss you guys!
Yea for a new post! And thanks for making me cry. I miss you guys sooooo much! Your boys just melt my heart. We need to see you guys soon!
I agree with it all! Its hard to put all the cleaning and stuff we feel has to be done aside, but thats the stuff that matters least! Thanks for the reminder! Love your sweet boys!!!!
So true so true! Good to see y'all doing good =) Miss ya!
Post a Comment