On March 18th 2009 this wonderful, happy, and oh so cute little boy was born and changed my life once again. I never knew that I could ever love another child as much as I did the first three, but I do. He is the funniest and most relaxed baby ever, and I can't believe he is 1. It has gone by so fast, and it was so fun to celebrate with him. On his actual birthday we ran a ton of errands and just hung out all day. That evening after the boys two different ball practices we went out to dinner. He of course loved the food, and ate a lot, which I must admit I like about him. We had a great time celebrating with him all the way until his party two days later, when the real fun started.I of course went over board and did more than expected, but I did as usual. I just love to make it as fun as possible and I think I achieved that.
Our theme was colors, all colors, I kinda stuck with the colors of the rainbow, just because they were the easiest to find, but I was game for whatever. I used mom's Cricut and cut out a ton of dots and stars and put them up all over the house and also did his name in 11 inch letters. It was VERY cute and very kiddish. I didn't do a cake like I usually do, but I did do 48 striped cupcakes, and they were amazing if I do say so myself. Also I had everyone dress in a solid color shirt, in our family I wore purple (I am the only girl after all), Chris wore blue, Mase was Yellow, Cam was green, Muk was blue also (Chris was supposed to wear red but he wore that the day before), and Morg was orange. All the guests were great and participated, and that made me very happy!
Instead of party favors we just played outside. We had bubbles, sidewalk chalk, and a few of the "kids" (Dean, Jenny, and Mikey) started up a wonderful game of four square. It was beautiful weather, so it turned out perfect.
I think Morgan is my first child to just dig into his cake. He loved it so much, which makes all the hard work worth it.
And lastly we made our own suckers, with life savers. They were so easy and very yummy. It is a new favorite thing of mine. We just broke up Life Savers into pieces and melted them in the oven, and they made this wonderful stained glass look. And did I mention they were yummy? Yeah they were.
I am so grateful for this little guy, he is such a Mommas boy and I really love it. He is a very busy thing, walking ALL over the place and following after his big brothers. I am so glad I have him.
Happy Birthday Morgie!





1 comment:
You're so cute Kac! Looks like a fun birthday! I can't believe he is already 1.
Post a Comment