Tuesday, November 10, 2009

OINK OINK!!!!

So here it is, my official post about the piggy flu, as I like to call it. We, at the White house, have had a rough few weeks. It all started with a lovely fever on McKay, which turned out to be reactive airway disease, PHEW not contagious! We got his inhalers and we were off. The next day Cam stayed home with a 102 degree fever. Just grand. Then three days later McKay's fever was back and his ear was hurting, so off to the doctor again. YIPPEE!!! I mean I love our Pediatrician and all but I would rather just have him and his wife over for dinner. Anyways, we got his antibiotics and I was glad we at least knew what was up. The next day Cam was still sick, McKay was feeling a bit better and Mason woke up with a 103 degree fever and vomiting. I mean seriously, do my kids hate me or what? So he stayed home too. I prayed they all might survive while all being home alone with me. We surprisingly made it through the day, and I was just so grateful the baby wasn't sick. Oh but to my surprise he woke up from a good sleep with a fever too. Just my luck! Sadly my sisters were in town and I really wanted to hang out with them but I did not have that pleasure. So we trudged through the weekend and had our good and bad times, our throwing up and our extreme sleepiness, but we survived. Monday Cam still had his fever and it was still 102 and I was worried. So off to the doctor again, and this time they did an official test and it came back flu positive. Oh what joy!
So now we are really stuck in the house. We have on and off temperatures, lots of coughing, and about a ton of boogies. But we are surviving. Hopefully we can get back to school by the end of this week. And Chris and I are still crossing our fingers that we don't get it. The boys teachers have been wonderful! They are truly concerned about them and have been great at keeping us in the loop with classwork. Chris has been a huge help, he has let me escape a time or two, just to get away. My mom has been right on top of it and has helped when I have appointments. Redbox has been a great help, and so have all our wonderful neighbors and friends. I really couldn't have gotten through this without the help of everyone. And I pray that this is the last week I have to deal with this garbage so I can enjoy McKay's birthday next week and soon after Thanksgiving. Until then.........

3 comments:

Shelby Lou said...

You are an AWESOME mother. Seriously. YOU FREAKING... ROCK.

Ann said...

Yep. Sounds pretty crappy. Maybe this means you guys are done for the rest of the Holiday season! I hope so! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

When your kids are better, we are going to get pedicures, we need to get away! This too shall pass...call me if you need ANYTHING!