I am having such an internal dilemma right now, and these are my thoughts.
Okay, I went to the doctor today, and everything is good, but that brings a decision for me to make. I am dilated now to a one and still 50% effaced, which is okay considering I am 35 weeks, so that is the good part.
Now I just need to make a decision, which affects me and more importantly the baby. If I have the baby on the 14th, which is what I would love, I take some risks. You see with a c-section, the baby doesn't have the chance to get the fluid forced out of the lungs like it would with a natural delivery, and therefore we risk the baby having fluid in its lungs. I take this risk even at 39 weeks, but the baby is stronger, and the risk factor has decreased. So on the 14th I would be 37 1/2 weeks, which is considered term, and isn't bad, but the risk is higher than it would be a week later. So that should be enough of a reason to wait right?
Well here is my side of the story. I am miserable. My hips hurt, my back kills me, I am having many contractions, and I don't sleep at all! I have no desire to be pregnant any longer than I absolutely have to be.
I know as I sit here and read this, it seems obvious, but I am afraid I am going to go into labor while my doctor is out of town, and I will have to have someone I don't even know deliver me. And this is my decision, I am going to just wait and see where I am at when I go in on the 11th and we will go from there. If I am really dilated I will have him take me, but if not, I guess I will take my chances and hope for the 21st.
6 comments:
Wow Kac! Good luck with that one. That would be a tough one. You want what's best for your baby. But at the same time when you are feeling so miserable you want to get that little guy out of you. Good luck and I hope that all will go well for you. I love ya!
You really do want what is best for the baby. Ultimately waiting would not be bad if it means that your little guy would be stronger. Tough call mom! You'll do what is best even if you are miserable! Not too much longer Kas! Hang in there......... Love ya!
I really don't live too far from you ya know!!! It just may seem like it........
Hey I am proud of you! That's a tough one, but i know you will do what's best. You are the only one who really knows how you feel! This little boy is so lucky to have a mommy like you.
Hey Kac, good luck in these next few weeks. I know it's different for everyone, but as someone who has never had my doctor make it in time for any of my deliveries, it's not that big of a deal. That's just my experience, though. Good luck.
Hey Kacey! The finish line is getting closer! I am very excited for you! It will all work out. :)
That's tough! Praying for your decision...
I am in love with your blog. Your music is off the charts...AND your family is gorgeous.
Blessings and prayers...
Post a Comment