Tuesday, January 19, 2010

About time for an update

We have been so very busy lately, but that is no excuse to let the blog go. So I thought I would do a catch up post.

Mason has been super busy himself. He is playing basketball for the city league with daddy as the coach. He is loving every minute of it. He has improved so much. And I must say Santa really knew what he was doing when he got the boys a hoop for Christmas.
And as you can see in the above picture he lost his third tooth. That thing was loose for a couple of months and finally was forced out. He couldn't take it anymore. We had so many people, Erin, Papa, and Daddy, try to pull it and it just wasn't coming out. I guess teeth are just like the people they come in, because this one was stubborn.
He is still doing extremely well in school. He is such a great reader and is doing amazing in spelling. I have spoken with his teacher though about an ugly little habit he has, talking baby talk, and she has assured me that all second grade boys go through this, but that it annoys her too. So Mason when you are reading this in about 10-15 years, I would just like you to know that you spoke more baby talk than your 10 month old brother. But you are still a great friend and brother. You love to help me out around the house, especially when there is something in it for you. Keep it up buddy, you are awesome.
Camden should have a new name, Evil Knievel. He had his first late night trip to the doctor one Monday night, when his dad was out of town, of course. But luckily Papa was in town to help out with the other boys. It wasn't broken or anything, just "The worst sprain they have ever seen on a 5 year old". Yeah, that's my Cam. So this was on a Monday, Tuesday he wouldn't walk at all, and Wednesday he was running. Black and blue and swollen as all get out he "The Wolverine" was running. I couldn't believe it he must have ultra healing powers or something, because it hurts me to even look at it. Anyways he is a trooper and I am so envious of his strength.
He is doing great at school. Mrs. Barrett loves him so much, and so do the girls. He is starting to spell and sound out words all alone and is getting smarter everyday. I am so proud of his desire to try hard, and his will to never give up.
He does have a devilish side in him though. His new favorite pastime is lying, and being mean to his brothers. But I just expect it now and I confront him right off the bat. He is getting better and he is learning that lying just gets you in more trouble, so lets see if he can get that through his "White-Adams" skull of his.
Oh McKay you are killin' me! He is my little buddy all day, he loves to help me with Morgan, and loves to run errands. He is so funny, he even has his own gibberish he speaks. He is so jealous of the boys motor scooters they got for Christmas he can hardly speak. But he is getting so good at his imaginative play. He loves his dragon castle so much and he plays with it all day.
He has also become quite ornery, he is very strong willed, especially when it comes to what clothes I have picked out for him. I thought only girls throw fits about wearing certain things. For example all he wants to wear is sports jerseys of the big boys. In the above picture he is wearing Mason's old basketball jersey, and he also fights to wear old soccer shirts and shorts. I can't get him out of them. Just when I get him dressed he comes down and the real clothes are off and soccer clothes are on. What am I gonna do with him?
And now to my sweet little Morgie. You are the best baby. You are quite attached to your momma, and sometimes I really like that, but others I just wish you could be content with Daddy. I mean could you please just stay with the babysitter and not cry the whole time?
He is getting so big. He loves to eat, he loves to follow the big boys all over the house, and most of all he loves to shower with me everyday. If I get in before him he sits outside cries, and tries to open the doors so he can climb in with me. He just really loves me what can I say.
He is trying so hard to walk, but he just can't figure it out without the help of his push toy. But he will get there, I am guessing by the time he is 11 months he will be all over the place. He has recently figured out how to come down the stairs, so that was a big relief for me. He has 6 teeth and he bites me all the time, which I do not love. But it is the reason I am so anxious to quit nursing. Now if I could just get him to drink whole milk, we would be on a roll.
I am so happy he is here with me. The road here was kind of rough but it was well worth it. I am so grateful for his little spirit in our home, and we all know the #4 child is the best so he couldn't be bad.
And as for Chris and me, we are just chillin. We have started up on our envelope budget again, so lets see how well we can do. We got Chris a new car, and he is very excited about it. He also made a huge discovery this weekend, it was our garage floor. Yes you read right we have a garage floor. We can officially park both of our vehicles in the garage, and that in itself is a modern miracle for the White and Adams families. He is so giddy about the whole thing that every time he comes in the house he smiles because he is so proud.
I am so lucky to have such wonderful men in my life. They all mean everything to me. Even when they start to drive me up the wall, I still think about how blessed I am to have all five of them.


2 comments:

Alisa and Sky said...

You have the cutest family! I loved the part about the garage floor...so funny!

Anonymous said...

Oh my HECK! I love the crap out of those boys, minus Chris, he's okay too! Could you help Tyler find our garage floor. YUCK!