Christmas was a big hit this year. The kids made out like bandits but like I said before they kinda cheated and ruined my mommy fun.
Christmas Eve was a fun day, Chris had it off so we spent the day hanging out as a family. I cleaned as the boys played outside so i could better enjoy the rest of the night, and I must say it was a great night. While eating dinner I quizzed the boys on Christmas trivia. They all understand the reason for the season very well, and that was a proud parent moment for us. We then got all showered up, opened our Christmas jammies and got all ready for Santa to come. I also made a new dessert that I think might need to be a Christmas Eve tradition, I really enjoyed it. We then read the Christmas story in the New Testament, said prayer and headed off to bed.
Christmas morning came rather early, 4:45 a.m. to be exact. I will rethink my words next year when I tell them that they can get up at "whatever" time. Yeah my mistake. Camden was sure there was a "real" basketball hoop in our house, and we swore we had no idea how it got there. I think Santa knew that McKay was a little small for the hoop so he was so kind to bring him his very own suitcase. I also think he has been sneaky and watching us when we have gone to stores and McKay has told me what wanted. He did in fact get so sneaky, and a little sloppy I might add, that he left some boxes in the garage. Big mistake Santa! You better be on your toes, those White boys are definitely on theirs. The big guy sure hooked them up in their stockings too. They each got some awesome games, movies, and electric toothbrushes.
We should have taken the toys they peeked at back but we figured that 2 days before Christmas wasn't the ideal to go searching for new presents so we gave in and gave them the presents they already knew about. The two big boys got electric Razor scooters and they have sure gotten some use out of them. And McKay got his "dragon castle" that he wanted. And Morgan sure did have a GREAT first Christmas. He loved playing in all the wrapping paper and getting in all of his brothers stuff. He loves the walk and ride thing that we got him, and I am kinda kicking myself because he is now pushing it around getting big so fast.
But the day was wonderful. We succeeded in teaching the boys about the birth of the Savior, and we also had fun and made some family memories. It was great and I can't wait for more wonderful years to come.
2 comments:
new post please!
Aw...what a fun Christmas!
Post a Comment