I have had many emotional moments lately, some good and some bad. Most of them have been over the growing of my children. Last night we had the "Great to Be Eight" fireside for all of the children turning 8 this year, and my baby was invited. Okay so he isn't my baby, but it seems like just yesterday I just had him. I can't believe he is getting so big. During this fireside the Bishop was talking about it being their choice, and afterwards Chris said to Mason, "So, what if you choose not to be baptized?" and Mason said, "Why would I do that?". He is such a good boy and he is so excited for his big day (which we found out is going to be Sept. 4th). So the point is I am old, THE END!!!
A couple other moments have come when I see the young men in our ward. I just picture my boys in their shoes in a few years and I can't believe it. It just boggles my mind that in August my 18 years of scouting begins. 18 YEARS PEOPLE!!!! Then with scouting in the past I will still have about 3 years of missions left. I have 8 straight years of those so I had better
But these are the thing I will cherish, because one day they will be gone and I will supposedly miss them. Right now I don't believe that because right now I would love a day without them at my heels ALL DAY!
1 comment:
I know EXACTLY what you mean - I look at my girls and just want time to slow down because it's all going too fast! In 10 years, all my babies will be out of the house - can you believe that?? I'm trying to treasure each day...it's great that you're doing that too with your handsome boys!
Post a Comment